It’s finally happening: Wunderdog’s first print magazine is coming out in December, and twice yearly from 2019.
If you would like to pitch a story, project or anything else for this of future issues, get in touch. Here some of the things I’m looking for:
- Rescue: charities, amazing volunteers, fantastic rescue dogs now saving the world, businesses getting involved, vets setting up clinics to help rescue dogs, creatives helping “beautify” dogs for adoption, etc pp
- Travel: dog-friendly adventures, hikes, places to stay (please note places need to be dog-friendly, not just dog-tolerant)
- Design: dog design, fashion, architecture, etc – I’d also welcome design critics for a wider view on the industry
- Features: from welfare policy to interviews with outstanding dog people, essays and poems, photography projects or illustrations – this section is wide open to great ideas
- Care: professionals mainly, please. Nutrition, behaviour, health, etc
With all pitches, please keep “rescue dog” as your guiding light. Please also know that Wunderdog is about the celebration of life with dog, so nothing traumatising.
Pitches will be reviewed and, if they are suitable, I’ll be in touch to discuss a commission and payment. Until a formal commission is made, obviously nothing gets published (or paid).
Finally, I welcome ideas from around the world. If English is not your first language, we can work something out. If you have a great story, don’t let the language barrier hold you back.
I can’t wait to read and see your ideas!